Monday, June 24, 2019

Out of a vintage kitchen


 Over the next week or two I'm hoping to feature some fun items that I've found in my sorting and sifting at my childhood home.  I thought I'd start with a few things from the kitchen.  Some of these are available in my Etsy shop, A New Hampshire Attic.  Some others were in the shop, but have sold.  And then there is at least one item pictured here that's not in the shop.  Enjoy the nostalgia ...

From a book called "Cake Mix Miracles"
Kitchen herbs are fun!
Any self-respecting kitchen will have recipes clipped from flour bags.
These are rice paper guest towels.  Who would ever have thought?
From a gorgeous little food coloring booklet.  These are paintings, not photos!
A blotter that came in a box of cereal.
This booklet featuring Homer Laughlin Jubilee dinnerware went to a collector.
Even a family fitness plan!
The Joys of Jello Cookbook has had many incarnations.
This glorious time of year?  Oh yes, let's eat outdoors!
Canning from the victory garden
So there you have it!  Just a few fun memories from a vintage kitchen.  Stay tuned for posts featuring the vintage sewing room, the vintage stationery drawer and more!

3 comments:

  1. How fun is this? I’m a sucker for old recipes and cookbooks! I have a handwritten notebook of ‘receipts’ from the 1940’s and I just love looking at the handwriting and thinking about who this lady was...
    Lots of history here today at your Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm a sucker for those things too, Linda! I'm actually working on a post about old recipe boxes and the like. Not sure when I'll get that done.

      But the things here in this post ... yep, they were all found in my mother's kitchen!

      Delete
  2. These remind me of my mother's kitchen and her cookbook collection. She had many things from the 1940's and 1950's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.