So, let's see about a Friday Five.
1. A wonderful day in church on Sunday! We had a visiting preacher (a missionary) and oh, what an encouragement he and his family were to us. Such a blessing.
2. The first ice cream date of the season on Sunday night! I had a small Moose Tracks (on the left) and Mr. T had a medium Maine Black Bear (on the right). I know, my ice cream looks larger, but it's a smaller dish.
Gifford’s Ice Cream:
Last summer when we met up with Vee, we went out for ice cream and she chose:
I really think that Vee's choice sounds most delicious of all, and I hope to try it before the summer's out.
[Edited to add: Vee tells me (see comment below) that her FIRST choice would always be Caramel Caribou, which must have been unavailable that evening last summer. It does sound delicious!]
3. Getting out to walk 4 days out of 5 this week. Even the rainy days had some un-rainy hours and we were able to get out. The scenery in peoples' gardens is lovely. All of the scenery pictures in this post are from one of our favorite walking routes.
4. A great checkup at the dentist this week! Maybe too much information, but you know how they measure the "pockets" on your gums? Mine have improved vastly. The hygienist commented on the huge improvement in only a year and asked "What have you been doing differently?" It has to be the Essiac Tea, one benefit of which is reducing inflammation in the body. Essaic Tea for the win again!
5. God's hand of protection on a friend who had a horrific accident while working on a vehicle this week. He has some serious injuries, but his life was spared and he will recover -- and his family and friends are very, very thankful!
And there's my Friday Five for this week!