Thursday, March 04, 2021

This week's prayer prompt

 

 Continuing on with the prayer cards from the box my daughter gave me, this week I came to Philippians 4:13.  I imagine other women are a lot like me in that it seems there is always so much to do.  This week has been a busy one.  Church, and teaching Sunday School on Sunday morning; a meal and Bible study with friends on Sunday afternoon.  Monday into Tuesday, we took our oldest granddaughters on an overnight getaway to the Maine coast; Wednesday we got together for a leisurely lunch with good friends, and Wednesday evening was church.  

Today, Thursday, we had lunch plans with another friend but those got moved to Friday, giving us a rare unplanned day.  The rest of the week is full.  In considering my goals for March and all that I would like to accomplish in the way of cleaning and decluttering, not to mention all of the opportunities for fellowship and ministry, and just the challenges of everyday life, I admit that I have found myself feeling a bit breathless.  

So this week's prayer prompt verse has been just what I need right now  When I find myself feeling overwhelmed, I can take a deep breath and remind myself that I can do all things through Christ.  No, I can't do all things (or really anything) in my own strength.  But in Christ?  Yes, I can.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I figured that you were having a busy week. It must have been brrrisk at the coast. Hope the weekend is not quite as busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a busy week. I bet it was beautiful and cold at the Maine coast in early March!

    Scripture verses that remind us of God's goodness and his promises are so needed right now and always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retirement opens up many opportunities for fellowship. I think we are as busy as when Marvin was working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a box of prayer verse cards like this at the Dollar Tree. Not sure if it is the same, but very similar. There are 20 cards in the box. Perhaps one a week would be better than one a day, especially for remembering it. It is such a wonderful little gift. I bought several of the boxes to give away to some special people here. Thank you for calling our attention to them. I might have overlooked them otherwise, and I am so glad I didn't. Blessings abound!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely thoughts
    Your attitude is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.