Monday, June 21, 2021

Monday musings

 

 Just a few Monday musings to look back over the week and especially the weekend.

Mr. T spent much of last week helping to paint the exterior of the family cottage above.  He and one of my cousins took on this project for this summer.  It has needed to be done for quite awhile.  They had blocked out a week to complete it, but the first two days were rainy.  Thankfully, they had gotten a head start the week previous when the cottage happened to be unoccupied. (Extended family members book time at this family cottage each summer and fall.)   It came out so nice.  Really thankful they were able to complete this project.   Below is a side view.  You can see they had perfect weather part of the time.

 I've been slogging away on posts for Christmas in July over at my Christmas blog.  I have a half dozen written and scheduled, with more in the works.

 Our weekend was really nice.  On Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast with visiting friends from Wisconsin.  What a treat!  Yummy food, fantastic fellowship, and maybe best of all, not a mask in sight.  We are so thankful for dear old friends who we can instantly reconnect with.

Saturday afternoon, we had some time with my nephew, visiting from Arizona.   We were excited to show him the little camp we are fixing up, a place he had not seen in many years.


Then on Sunday,  we had a nice day in church.  In addition to Sunday School and morning worship at our own church, we were blessed to attend an afternoon worship service at Grace Baptist and hear a message from one of the counselors at The Wilds of New England.  The last Patch the Pirate Club presentation of the year was also going on -- two of our grandkids took part -- and all of this was followed by a special Father's Day meal.

We rounded out the day with a campfire and family time at our little camp.  For Father's Day, our daughter and family gave my hubby a fun patriotic apron to use when he bakes his famous cookies.

Mr. T and I then spent the night at the camp, where we were able to sleep with windows open to a refreshing breeze.  This morning we enjoyed coffee at the campfire.  What a treat!  We are feeling incredibly blessed!


10 comments:

  1. The cottage looks amazing! Always nice to get those summer chores accomplished. Father's Day sounds really pleasant and sleeping with the windows open does, too. Enjoy your company and all the fellowship they provide. Is it possible to get a photo of Mr. T in his apron next time he bakes cookies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The next time he bakes (which he hopes to do before the 4th of July if the weather cooperates, I will be sure to get a photo of him in the apron. He is planning to wear it also to hand out cookies at the flag wave. His fellow patriots will enjoy seeing it.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, a family cottage too? How wonderful! Is that near where you live? Wow, I am in awe! (trying hard not to be envious, because we know that is a sin.) So I am happy for your family to have such a place, and also you own family camp as well. I love that you were able to spend the night there and enjoy fresh air and a campfire too! What a blessing!!! I can almost smell the air from here! Here, where it is muggy, hot, and buggy...no way we could sleep with the windows open here right now. But Florida is much better in the fall/winter/spring for that kind of living. Enjoy your summer and be blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the family cottage is about a half hour away. We seldom stay there (I can't even remember the last time we stayed overnight) because the bed is supremely uncomfortable. But we do like to occasionally go for the day or an afternoon. To stay there requires reserving time ahead and costs nearly as much as a hotel. Plus, you have to clean the place when you leave.

      We often stayed there though when our kids were growing up. It was a favorite summer destination. Usually lots of wildlife to be seen across the pond, which many family members enjoying canoeing and kayaking on (there are some of both underneath the camp). It's not good for swimming though.

      Yes, spending nights at our own little place in the woods is sweet. So thankful!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post....so many good times were had!! I was visiting with one of my friends who taught my children at Cornerstone and she was telling me that Shelly had to place Ron in care. I know she hated to do that and my heart goes out to her. Our family loved all the Patch the Pirate CDs and I still know many of the songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had just heard that very same thing. It must have been extremely difficult. How greatly the Christian community has been blessed by Ron Hamilton's music!

      It was indeed a lovely weekend and we enjoyed every moment. So thankful to the Lord for all of His good gifts.

      Delete
  4. You did have a nice weekend, just the kind I like, breakfast out, with old friends as an added bonus, family time, work projects, time in church. Your cottage is sweet, and I'm glad you get to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a perfectly wonderful weekend. So thankful to the Lord for all of His goodness!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cottage. Coffee by the campfire is a wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we love coffee by the campfire whenever we can possibly arrange it.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.