Saturday, May 13, 2006

This is the day which the LORD hath made!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Psalm 118:24 is one of my favorite Scriptures! "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

So many times we just do not feel like rejoicing on a particular day. I am very blessed that many years ago, a dear friend made me a little framed cross-stitch piece with this verse on it. I chose to hang it in the bathroom because the colors were perfect with the wallpaper. It's only been in the past few years that I recognized God's hand in prompting me to hang it there. This little verse is the first thing I see when I step out of the shower each morning.

Even when I haven't been consciously aware of it, these precious words have prompted me to have an attitude of rejoicing as I start each new day. No, the day ahead may not be filled with our favorite things. Often, we do not have any idea what a particular day may bring. But God does! It is a day that He has made, and He is our all-wise, all-knowing God. We can rejoice in that!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Mom! That looks awesome! Now is that something you found online or something you scanned in, or what? It came out great! Oh, and the post was good, too. :)

    Isn't it so much fun to be able to add pics--really spiffs everything up so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is something I found online. I'll send you a link. There are lots of neat Scripture graphics on it.

    Glad you liked the post. It's sort of a summary of some thoughts I've had a few times in recent months. I think I forgot to tell you that Dick & Terry brought me back a really neat wall hanging from Amish country (sort of like the one Rita sent you) with that same verse on it. I hung that one in our bedroom -- colors are perfect there, and it needed a plain wall, not busy wallpaper!

    Oh, you're right, it is so much fun to add pics. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.