Saturday, December 29, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday for December 28


This week's theme is Side Dishes. Here is one of the side dishes I made for Christmas dinner. It was a new recipe for us, and it is really delicious. It will become a standard menu item for special meals, I think.

GINGER-GLAZED SWEET POTATOES

2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 Tblsp. olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tblsp. chopped crystallized ginger
3 Tblsp. apricot jam
1 Tblsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt

Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a gallon-size zip-top bag with the olive oil. Seal bag and shake well to coat potatoes with oil. Empty the bag into a foil or parchment-lined 15x10-inch baking pan. Roast at 450ยบ for 30 minutes, stirring twice during that time.

In a microwave safe bowl or liquid measure, combine remaining ingredients. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over sweet potatoes; toss to coat with glaze. Bake 10 minutes longer.

Yield: 5 servings. May be easily doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.