Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rejoicing in God


As I continue to work my way through the study Finding God's Path Through Your Trials, I'm finding that God is bringing all sorts of encouragement to my heart from His Word about dealing with trials. Today I turned to March 20 in the wonderful classic daily devotional Streams in the Desert. The reading fit so perfectly with what I am learning that I wanted to share some of it with you.

The verse for today is 2 Corinthians 6:10a -- "As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing."

And here is part of the reading for today:

"Amid manifold trials, souls which love God will find reasons for bounding, leaping joy. Though deep call to deep, yet the Lord's song will be heard in silver cadence through the night. And it is possible in the darkest hour that ever swept a human life to bless the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Have you learned this lesson yet? Not simply to endure God's will, nor only to choose it; but to rejoice in it with joy unspeakable and full of glory."

What a blessing to me today! I pray that it will also be an encouragement to each one of you.

"Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
"Yet the LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." (Psalm 42:7-8)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just came across your blog, as I was out browsing. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you too, Deborah! I keep finding older comments which I did not reply to, and this is one of them. I hope you enjoyed your visit at my kitchen table, and that you will come back and browse some more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.