Friday, July 11, 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday for July 11


I haven't been able to take part in any of my favorite Friday activities for a long time, so it's a treat for me to be able to post a recipe for Favorite Ingredients Friday today. I've taken note of the themes for upcoming weeks, and will try and post more often. Here's a favorite recipe for strawberries:


STRAWBERRY LOVERS' PIE

3 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided use (I use chocolate chips)
1 T. butter or margarine
1 pastry shell, baked (9 in.) I haven't ever tried doing this, but I would suppose it could be made in a purchased graham or chocolate crust
6 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use the lower-fat Neufchatel)
1/2 cup sour cream
3 T. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
3 to 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
1/3 cup strawberry jam, melted (I do this in the microwave)

In a saucepan or in the microwave, melt 2 oz. chocolate (1/3 cup chocolate chips) and butter over low heat, stirring constantly if using saucepan. Spread melted chocolate over bottom and up sides of pastry shell. Chill.

Meanwhile, in mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover & chill for 2 hours.

Arrange strawberries, tip ends up, over the filling. Brush jam over strawberries. Melt remaining chocolate (you may need to add a bit of shortening or butter to get it to drizzle properly) and drizzle over all.

Makes 1 pie -- 6 to 8 servings.

We served this pie to missionary guests from Spain and the husband took this picture of it:



I love how God allows us to bless others through hospitality!

To see what others have shared for Favorite Ingredients Friday, head on over to Overwhelmed with Joy and check out the links.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This pie looks divine! I love strawberries and chocolate.

    Great recipe to come back with! :)

    Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds amazing. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...now I want to make another one of these pies. Mrs. T!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies --

    Thanks for stopping by my kitchen table! I hope those of you who haven't already tried this recipe will do so, and that you will enjoy it.

    Kelli, I already know that you are a fan of this recipe! What an honor to have you share it on Seasonal Delights!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.