Monday, July 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday for July 28


A hot, humid Monday here in northern New England. Humidity is a normal part of summer here (and central air conditioning is not the norm, since our summers are so short). I have to keep reminding myself that this is the day that the Lord has made, and I am to rejoice and be glad in it! As usual, I've included some repeat meals which ended up not being used last week, and also several main-dish salads to help us beat the heat. Here's my menu plan:

MONDAY: Salmon Dill Sandwiches, Pasta Salad, 3-Bean Salad

TUESDAY: Leftovers from Monday

WEDNESDAY: Crab & Shrimp Salad, Tomato-Cucumber Salad

THURSDAY: Swedish Meatballs, Noodles, Broccoli

FRIDAY: Hot Ham & Potato Salad, Cornbread

SATURDAY: Leftover buffet

SUNDAY: (potluck at church) Mandarin Chicken Salad, Italian Sweet Bread, Picnic Cake (a chocolate cake with marshmallows that sink into the batter)

If you would like to see menus which others have shared, head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out the links. Usually close to 200 people share links to their weekly menus. You'll find some great ideas and often recipes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.