Last evening I finally completed a UFO of many years' standing.
This photo shows it partially finished:
I had actually finished this cross-stitch sampler about 3 years ago, but could never decide what to do with it. I didn't really want to frame it. I had decided finally to frame it in fabric, but when I went looking in my stash one of the first things I found was a green dish towel that perfectly matched the green in the sampler.
The only problem was that I had already cut the dishtowel in half in preparation for another project which I had not continued with. (Don't ask ~ the less said about that, the better.) So here's what I did: I cut even a little more off one end of the dishtowel so that it would be a better fit for the stitchery. Then I sewed the two pieces together again. And I used what I cut off to make a hanging sleeve for the back. The hanger is a recycled dowel and cord from an outdated calendar towel. I always save those and have used many for this type of project.
Here's a closer look at the top half of the sampler:
And then a closeup or two of the lower half:
Love the Bundt® cake at the top left of this section, and the quilt hanging from the wooden spoon toward the right side of the picture.
I am so happy to have finished this project! Now I can display it in my kitchen ~ although I have yet to find just the right place to hang it.
NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, a review
7 hours ago