Thursday, February 24, 2011

An old favorite ~ Sausage Pasta Soup

(Photo by Taste of Home)
At our house, every Wednesday night is soup and pizza night. In warm weather, it may possibly be salad and pizza night. I do this because Wednesday afternoon is a very busy time for me, with lots of time spent out of the house, and then Wednesday evening we go to church for prayer meeting and our granddaughters' Patch the Pirate Club meeting. I leave the pizza dough in the bread machine while I'm away in the afternoon, and usually make a simple soup when I return. It simmers while I assemble and bake the pizzas.

Last night we had an old favorite, Pasta/Sausage Soup. I have been making this soup since I first cut the recipe out of Country Woman magazine in 1992. It is very quick and easy, but tastes as if it had simmered a long time. It's a very flavorful soup. Here's the link if you would like to try making this soup: Pasta/Sausage Soup. I keep Italian sausage in the freezer at all times, along with frozen diced green peppers, so I can make this soup anytime. I usually only use a half pound of sausage, and it is just fine. Also, I omit the Worcestershire sauce since one of my granddaughters is allergic to the anchovies in it. It tastes just fine without this ingredient.

Hope you enjoy this soup as much as we do!

2 comments:

  1. You are right - Wednesdays are hectic! This looks like a yummy recipe. I had to print it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this soup last Wednesday night and was just looking to see if I had ever posted the recipe, when I came upon your unanswered comment! Hope you enjoyed the soup if you have tried it. We like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.