Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Quick Bean Soup

 

 We eat a lot of soup at our house, especially in the winter.  Soup is such a great supper choice if someone in the family has unpredictable work hours.  The soup will either stay hot in a slow cooker or on the stovetop, or can be easily reheated if necessary.  With it I usually just serve something very simple, like bread, cornbread, or biscuits. 

Last week I tried this Quick Bean Soup recipe which I had copied down in my handwritten cookbook but had not previously tried.  It was from a Country Woman magazine about 15 years ago.  We really liked this soup a lot.  I used only half the amount of smoked sausage called for and it was still delicious.  It really was easy and quick to prepare other than chopping and slicing the vegetables, which took a little time.  The recipe makes a lot, but if you have a large family it looks as if it could very easily be doubled. 

Hope you enjoy this hearty soup if you try it!  What is your family's favorite winter soup?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Mrs T, I made something similar last week and it certainly warmed us up inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it did. Soup is so good in cold weather! I have several different bean soups that I make and they all taste different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.