Friday, January 18, 2013

A fun surprise in the mail!


This was actually in yesterday's mail: a package from Gooseberry Patch!  I have had a recipe published in one of their new cookbooks, so I get a free copy of the book it's in!  This has happened to me a few times and it's always so much fun when the book arrives.  This new book looks simply fantastic and has many recipes I want to try.  There are meatless Mondays, Tex-Mex Tuesdays, Italian food Wednesdays, comfort food Thursdays and fun Fridays.  It all looks fun to me!

But that's not all!

No, there was a second book in the package!

This one is filled with slow cooker recipes divided up according to the seasons of the year.  Everything from appetizers to desserts!  Can't wait to try these out on the church potluck crowd!

I look forward to spending some quality time browsing through these wonderful new books.  Thank you, Gooseberry Patch!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Mrs T....I have a recipe in one of the Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks and it will be out in March I believe. I cannot wait to get my copy. I love their cookbooks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mrs. T, congratulations!!! That is WONDERFUL!!! I am putting that issue on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Congratulations, Mrs T!! Reading through the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks always gives me such a happy cozy feeling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the kind and congratulatory words, ladies!! I love Gooseberry Patch books as much as you all do and am thrilled to have received a number of free books from them over the years.

    Arlene, you have been "published" before, haven't you? No matter how many times I end up with a free book, I'm always thrilled, and I'm sure that you are too.

    Mrs. Smith and Mrs. R, you ought to try sending Gooseberry Patch a memory, recipe, tip ,or craft idea if you've never done so. You might win a free book too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I had a recipe in Comfort and Joy but it is always so uplifting to be chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it? So much fun. I own the book Comfort & Joy, so I went back and looked at your recipe. Those biscuits look so easy and delicious too. I'm thinking one of my New Year goals ought to be to start sending a lot more of my recipes to Gooseberry Patch, more regularly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.