Saturday, January 05, 2013

Quote for the day!

Auntie JoJo reading to not only some of her own children, but to nieces and nephews too.  This was during our lake weekend up north in September.
I found this inspiring quote on a wonderful Mary Engelbreit page-a-day calendar which my friend Ruth gave me last year.  I am pasting it in my journal but wanted to put it here as well.

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them."  -- Richard L. Evans

That is certainly the way I want my grandchildren to remember me!  At times I am not a really "grandmotherly" grandma -- I dislike changing diapers and don't really enjoy caring for infants -- but I do cherish each and every one of my precious grandchildren and want them to know that.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Love that quote! So true! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true, isn't it, Mrs. R? I'm glad you liked it.

    Hope you are having a good start to your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.