Monday, March 11, 2013

Goals for week beginning 3/11/2013

From a vintage calendar for children
The weekend seemed to fly past, but I am so thankful that even though snow still blankets the ground, Saturday and Sunday were beautifully warm, sunny, and springlike.  And here it is Monday already.  Here are my goals for the week:
*  Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study
*  Start Sunday School lesson 13
*  Make 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Memorize Isaiah 25:1
*  Read 2 chapters in How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground
*  Limit sugar
*  Exercise 5 or 6 times
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays and finishing UFOs
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post 3 to 5 times in each of my blogs if possible
*  Continue trip planning
*  Continue work on kids' devotional book for summer 2013
*  Continue planning an overnight getaway
*  Make a simple Easter banner
*  Keep up with Kelly's Missions for  Zone 3, the bathroom, plus do some work in Zone 2, the kitchen.
*  Declutter several closets
*  Spend 2 hours updating my A-Store
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do.


And here's how last week went:
*  Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
*  Finish Sunday School lesson 12 -- DONE!
*  Make 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- DONE!
*  Memorize Exodus 15:13 -- DONE!
*  Read 2 chapters in How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground -- DONE!
*  Limit sugar -- didn't do as well as I'd have liked to
*  Exercise 5 or 6 times -- DONE!
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays and finishing UFOs -- DONE!
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night  -- DONE!
*  Post 3 to 5 times in each of my blogs if possible -- didn't quite get this done
*  Continue trip planning -- didn't do much of this
*  Continue work on kids' devotional book for summer 2013 -- did very little of this
*  Continue planning an overnight getaway -- DONE! (the continuing; it's not completely planned)
*  Make a simple winter table runner -- not done; I am going to shelve this goal for now as it's not currently needed.  Maybe I'll sew one this summer.
*  Keep up with Kelly's Missions for  Zone 2, the kitchen -- not done
 *  Declutter several closets -- managed to declutter one closet, so that's a start!
*  Spend 2 hours updating my A-Store -- not done
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!


Obviously, I need to be more productive this week, but one thing I am really pleased with is that I'm meeting my spiritual goals.  Yes, it sounds sort of un-spiritual to plan them out, but it really is not.  If one aims at nothing, one will hit it every time.  And here's another thought along the same line:  If we fail to plan, we plan to fail.  I am aiming at spiritual growth and planning helps me to meet that goal.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to stop by and say hello this morning. I do not often take the time to comment but I stop by often. :) I LOVE reading about your goals and what you have accomplished. I do not post my goals but find that if I start with a plan I often have a more productive day. I am trying to be more diligent in creating a zone to focus on as every little bit helps and if I look at EVERYTHING that needs doing I get overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Josh,

    Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! I am so happy to see you here and glad to hear that you stop by often even if you seldom have time to comment. I completely understand that. You have a large family and a home to care for. You are right -- starting with a plan helps with productivity for sure. Focusing on a zone every week does help a great deal and ensures that at least something gets done in a particular zone once a month. Like scrubbing the tub, etc. It helps me tremendously to focus on a particular zone. As you can see by my goals and what I get done (or don't get done!), I do not have this down to a science yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.