Thursday, April 18, 2013

Back from vacation!

Image from RetroAmerica.com
I can't take a lot of time today, but wanted to post just a few pictures from our recent vacation in Nevada.  During our time there with loved ones, we ventured into south-central Idaho and had a wonderful few days there together.  So here are the pictures.  I will try and post more of an account of our trip in a few days.

Like many towns out west, Elko's location is marked by a giant capital letter marked out by white rocks on a hillside high above the city.  At Easter time and on other occasions, part of the giant "E" is illuminated to resemble a cross.  We went up to the "E" at night as it would not be lit up for much longer, and that's where these pictures were taken.  In the foreground some of the lights of the cross can be seen.  The distant lights are those of the city.
The city lights of Elko
At Balanced Rock Park near Castleford, Idaho

Also at Balanced Rock Park

At Niagara Springs in Thousand Springs State Park, also in Idaho

This ladybug on sagebrush was right beside the path to Niagara Springs

A gorgeous flowering tree at Clear Springs Foods, a trout hatchery
More of the amazing springs at Thousand Springs State Park
Sunset in Bliss, Idaho
All in all, it was an amazing road trip to Idaho.  As I viewed God's magnificent creation, verse after verse came to my mind.  The huge castle-like rock formations made me think of Isaiah 33:16 which talks about "the munitions of rocks".  The springs bursting forth from canyon walls reminded me of Psalm 104:10 -- "He sendeth the springs into the the valleys, which run among the hills."  And there were many more.

We are so thankful for the opportunity to spend time with family and friends and to be reminded once again of the power and awesomeness of God.

(I should add a note also that these pictures were taken by our daughter and son-in-law.  We haven't loaded our own pictures onto the computer yet.)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Mrs T....I look forward to hearing more about your trip. We are going to New Mexico in June and it will be my first trip to the southwest. I am looking forward to seeing a new part of the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to travel, isn't it? Although we have been to Nevada many times, this was our first trip up into Idaho. Our daughter and hubby had been to this area before and knew we would find it as interesting as they did. As I mentioned, they are the ones who took these photos. They are both amazing photographers.

    Hope you have a wonderful time in New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.