Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Goals for 2014

 
This fantastic graphic is from CrossCards.com

GOALS FOR 2014

After a lot of thought and prayer, here are my general goals for the coming year.   For 2014, I have chosen six categories in which to set goals:

Personal growth:  Work on character qualities of unselfishness, kindness, compassion, perseverance, and self-control. Work at eliminating the time-wasting habit of procrastination.  Read through the One-Year Devotional Bible.  Read at least 2 books -- Pilgrim's Progress, The Power of a Godly Grandparent, -- and there will be more, I know.  Continue working on my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook.  Memorize Scripture on a weekly basis, meditate on it daily, and finish several Bible studies.  Strengthen my computer skills and maybe make this the year I finally take that painting course.  Nurture creativity.

Physical health:  Exercise at least 5 times per week.  Get enough water and sleep.  Cook and eat with health in mind.  Work on a different healthy habit each month so that in general, I'm taking better care of myself.

Marriage/family life: Plan periodic getaways.  Take the best possible care of my husband and help him in every way possible.  Take advantage of every moment together.  Take time for dates.  Plan fun family activities.  Minister to my family with the gift of a peaceful, orderly home (translation: declutter the entire house and get back to my homemaking routines!) Plan trip to visit faraway family.

Money matters:  Spend less on groceries.  Put time into my A-store and work on plans for an Etsy shop.  Plan and prepare items to sell at craft fairs this fall.  Consider doing some writing for paying publication.

Relationships outside the home:  Be more of an encourager to my elderly dad and also to my daughters, friends, and the ladies in my Sunday School class.  Stay in better touch with faraway friends and family.  Make myself available to help and encourage those who are nearby.  Continue blogging as a means of encouragement to other ladies.

Ministry:  Deepen my prayer life, praying faithfully for those with deep needs, praying more regularly for my pastor.  Teach a class on prayer and seek to encourage each lady to be the prayer warrior God would have her to be.  Teach other studies as the Lord leads throughout the year.  Write or re-write another kids' devotional book for summer use by our church's Patch the Pirate Club sailors.  Continue cleaning the church with my hubby once per month. 

This list looks long enough to keep me very busy indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Very worthy goals! I pray the Lord will bless you with meeting them for His glory! Thank you for being such a blessing in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! I do appreciate your prayers so much. I'm humbled that God would use me as a blessing in anyone's life, and am so thankful He has helped me to be an encouragement to you. Have a blessed 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.