|Scan of a card from my personal collection|
11. What's the most important decision you need to make this year? What to do about replacing our ailing family vehicle. At least that's the most important decision as I see it now. There could well be more important, or different, decisions that come up before year's end!
14. What habit would you most like to establish this year? Daily exercise.
15. Who do you most want to encourage this year? My children, my husband, my grandchildren, several good friends, and the ladies in my Sunday School class.
17. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your work life this year? If I could write -- either blogging or working on the kids' summer devotional book -- at least 5 days a week, that would be great.
18. What's one new way you could be a blessing to your pastor (or another who ministers to you) this year? I pray for my pastor 2 to 3 times a week. I could up that to praying for him daily.
20. What book, in addition to the Bible, do you most want to read this year? Pilgrim's Progress.
21. What one thing do you most regret about last year, and what will you do about it this year? Getting away from regular exercise. This year I have begun to re-establish that habit.
22. What single blessing from God do you want to seek most earnestly this year? Good health.
24. What's the most important trip you want to take this year? Probably to Nevada to visit family. While there, we are praying about a trip to California to visit friends.
25. What skill do you most want to learn or improve this year? Computer skills, with an eye to starting an Etsy shop or selling on eBay.
26. To what need or ministry will you try to give an unprecedented amount this year? The community closet thrift store and the local food pantry. Also work on items through the year for the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.
27. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your commute this year? Thankfully, I don't have to commute. But if I did, I think what I would do to improve my commuting time would be to pray out loud while driving. I've done this a few times and it really is a blessing to get in some extra prayer time.
29. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it? My husband -- who probably knows me best -- would (and does, regularly) give me a one-word piece of advice: "RELAX!" I'm not sure if he's right or not, but he's at least partly right. I think, "REST!" -- as in resting in the Lord, might be better advice, and might be more what he means to say. As to what I will do about it -- try to really relax when I have the opportunity. Be more "in the moment" rather than thinking about all that I have to do or where I need to go next. Consciously practice leaving matters in God's hands, where they belong.
30. What's the most important new item you want to buy this year? It may not be new, but we need to find a newer car (ours will not pass another inspection) and most likely a new computer.
31, In what area of your life do you most need change, and what will you do about it this year? The physical, without a doubt. I am seeking to eat more healthfully, get more exercise, more water, and more sleep.
If you still have goal-setting questions to answer for the new year, why not take a crack at answering them now?