Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Progress on the "Snow Angels" cross stitch


I've posted about this before.  This gorgeous counted cross stitch kit, titled Snow Angels, was a gift from my youngest daughter more years ago than I would like to admit.  She thought the two children resembled her and her older sister (and they do!), and the scene just reminded her of good times in their childhood. 
The packaging and the stitchery, not long after I started the project. 
I'm not sure why it's taking me so long to finish this.  (Though, as I looked through Picasa Web Albums to find the photo of the kit, I got one clue: I've done quite a few other projects during that time frame -- felt food, crocheted items, embroidered tea towels, pillowcases, and tablecloths, sewing projects, and even other, simpler cross-stitch projects.  And my free time has been at a premium most of those years.)  The 18-count fabric, the sheer size of the project, and the fact that more than half of the colors are done with a blended needle -- well, all of those are contributing factors.  By using washi tape to mark my place in the chart, I think I've finally got a handle on stitching this.

The picture at the top of the post was taken today, August 5.  I will try and post another photo in about a month to show my progress!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I have been in a cross stitching mood lately Mrs T!! I think it may be the two new blogs I found, Priscillas and Carolina Stitcher. They inspire me. I just finished my Thanksgiving sampler and I went to the Cross Stitch store today and got a Christmas one. I was sad to hear that my favorite pattern companie, Prairie Schooler is retiring. I hope they will keep the old patterns available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can't believe I never replied to this comment, Arlene! And you have gotten even more into a cross stitching mood since posting this 3 years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.