Friday, March 25, 2016

Those vintage camper dish towels


A couple of people have asked about the designs I used on the embroidered vintage camper dish towels.  I actually did an entire post concerning this several years ago.  You can find it here: Vintage Camper dish towels.  In the post, I have links to the site where I found the transfers and also to the tutorial for the fabric borders on the towels above.

To read all about it, check out the link above.  The towels are just ordinary flour sack towels from Walmart (cut in half and raw edges hemmed).  For the vintage camper design, I used the Camp Out transfers available from Sublime Stitching.  Although the edgier designs on this site don't appeal to me at all, some of the transfer sets like Camp Out, Forest Friends, etc. are cute.  I have used this camper design a bunch of times and the transfer is still working perfectly.  I must say it is probably the best and longest-lasting transfer I have ever used. 

As noted on my  previous post, I've made several different tea towels with the Camp Out transfers.  Others might also be interested in a Christmas ornament/decoration I made with the same transfer design, so here's a picture of that.

Hope this answers your questions about the embroidered vintage camper towels.  Happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.