Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 31 Hodgepodge


 Wednesday -- and the last day of May!  Time for one last May Hodgepodge with Joyce and others linking up at From This Side of the Pond.  If you've never participated, why not get in on the fun this week?  Find the questions at Joyce's, copy and paste to your own blog, then go link up.  Here goes with this week's questions:

1. What makes you feel accomplished? Explain.

Just finishing tasks successfully, I guess.  Craft projects, writing projects, baking, cleaning or decluttering -- it's just a good feeling to finish something and have the result be what you were hoping for.
Kids' devotional books
Two more
Name banner to go along with Happy Birthday banner
Pillowcase
Embroidered dish towel with camper motif
Citrus coasters
Embroidered pillowcase
Cross stitch tea-time trivet
Embroidered dish towel and crocheted dishcloth ... both made by me
Rose-bordered pillowcases
A felt slice of pumpkin pie
Time for tea mug rugs
Well, that is enough of that.   What can I say?  I just love making things and especially dreaming up a project and seeing it through from start to finish.  Hopefully in a few months there will be more of that in my future.

2. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be? Tell us why. 

 I don't like or enjoy talk shows well enough to want my own.

3. Do you have a great burger recipe? 

No.  I never have had a real recipe for hamburgers, and now we are eating almost no red meat.

What do you like on a hamburger and where is your favorite spot to order one out?

Cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.   A few years back my hubby and I had hamburgers here:
and they were the BEST burgers either of us have ever tasted, bar none.  They were huge, too.  If we are passing through Brunswick again, we will be stopping for burgers even if it is the only red meat we consume all year!

4. What's the biggest anxiety producing thing you do on a regular basis?

Driving.

5. This is the last Hodgepodge of May. Tell us about your summer plans.

Apparently, settling an estate.  And a trip to Nevada to see our daughter, son-in-law and family.  This time, we are taking a granddaughter along with us -- our oldest, who is 16.  She has never been out West and I'm looking forward to seeing it all through her eyes.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Saturday afternoon I spent a good bit of time in the kitchen.  I made Candied Walnuts to go with a salad for Sunday's potluck

and also a batch of Vee's Cocoa Dreams,
 which I previously blogged about here: Chocolate, Chocolate, and Chocolate.  That post contains several other recipes and also the buttercream frosting (containing Marshmallow Fluff, yum!) that I used to frost the Cocoa Dreams.  Those were also for the potluck, and they were a gigantic hit.  I find cooking comforting, sometimes.

And so ends another Hodgepodge.  Happy Wednesday, all!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the projects you have accomplished - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! These are various projects I have accomplished over a number of years, but most of them are things I had ideas for and followed through on completion. When I look at my folder of craft photos, I'm always amazed at what I've accomplished over time. And thankful to God. So thankful.

      Delete
  2. Well you have certainly been busy, especially with needlework!! I love all of your projects. Taking your granddaughter along on a trip out west sounds great. I'd like to go out there again myself. It's so different and huge! Those candied walnuts would have a hard time making it to the potluck if I made them. They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these are older projects, Judy, but they did keep me busy at the time along with everything else I had going on. I am praying things can be resolved swiftly with my trust responsibilities so we can enjoy our vacation and maybe I can get back into crafting again. I do have one project I'm working on, but it is "top secret" until delivered to the recipient.

      Yes, we've been wanting to take a grandchild or two with us for years. I think Sarah is at a good age to appreciate it and enjoy it.

      I had people tell me those candied walnuts were "to die for". They're pretty easy to make.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had been you chief taster on Saturday afternoon. Looks yummy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been fun to welcome you to my kitchen, Katie! You have a great week, also. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I love all of your craft projects. Making things is good for us. I will keep you in my prayers as you settle things with the estate. I hope it all goes smoothly!!! I also hope you have a wonderful trip out west.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making things is indeed good for us, Sandy. I am so looking forward to having more time to make things.

      I do appreciate your prayers so much. Wisdom is my primary need right now, I would say.

      Hoping things are nicely settled prior to our trip, which won't be until much later in the summer.

      Delete
  5. I am so excited for your granddaughter Mrs T. She will love seeing Nevada. I really enjoyed visiting my friend there. And I love seeing all your handmade items. You are a whiz!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are projects I accomplished over a number of years, Arlene, so I am not really that much of a whiz. But I do love making things.

    Yes, I hope the trip will be a lot of fun for Sarah -- not only the sights, but the culture of the West. It is just so different and the sky is so big!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitchery is so beautiful and they remind me of some my mom used to make. I love vintage linens and the embroidery makes them all so unique! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am extremely impressed with all your beautiful accomplishments. You know, I really don't like talk shows either. For the most part, they seem to be self-centered and phony. I know that is a judgmental statement. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly enjoy doing the same type of things I do, and you have accomplished and done soo much! They are ALL beautiful, but I especially love those pillowcases...GORGEOUS! I don't usually care for talk shows either. That's why I picked people and things that interest me, lol. Don't know if too many others would enjoy. Taking your grand daughter is a wonderful idea! We took one of ours once to my daughters house over thanksgiving, and was soo grateful his parents were willing to share him with us for such a thing. He was only 10 and we ALL had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your craft items are amazing! Have a wonderful trip to Nevada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well now, I thought that frosting looked especially good! I haven't made Cocoa Dreams in years. You're making me want to bake them again. The safest dessert would be the pumpkin pie you created.

    I liked your answer to #2. I could not come up with a response so missed the Hodge for another week. 🙂

    Your summer sounds busy. Your trip West with a granddaughter sounds like fun. Lots of blog fodder, too.

    Love your embroidered pillowcases...I like doing embroidery, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.