1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn't have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?
Finally an easy question that will take me almost no time or thought to answer! It looks like any other autumn day here. We are just not into Halloween at all. We used to give out candy but no longer do since the trick-or-treaters just stopped coming. Now we just don't buy the candy and we leave the porch lights off just in case.
And the next two questions are going to take more thought ...
2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate.
Good question. Probably one of the most pressing "waits" is that our church is waiting to find the right pastor. Ours retired over two years ago and we have been looking (and waiting on God) ever since. It's not a simple or quick process. My hubby is heavily involved in leading the church through this process and feels the responsibility keenly.
3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.
I wish I was different in many ways. However, I have come to accept that I'm a work in progress.
4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper?
We do it ourselves, mostly my husband. I would be willing to help, but he usually gets it done. The last paint job was in the upstairs bathroom in 2015. We painted over a difficult wallpaper removal job just as a temporary fix. We are planning to put white beadboard over the painted walls, but haven't found time to do that yet.
Wallpaper ... we both used to be fans. Not any more. In time, we would like to cover most of our painted or wallpapered walls with pine paneling. We completely finished the living room in pine paneling and we just love the look for our house. I think we both wish we had thought of that earlier. But I suppose it's very possible we couldn't have afforded it earlier.
5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Wild weather we've just come through here in New Hampshire! Heavy rain and winds.
|A small sample of the water situation|