Saturday, January 13, 2018

Goals for 2018

 (The lovely graphic is a free desktop wallpaper from Baptist Bible Hour.)

It has taken me awhile to formulate goals for 2018, but I think at long last I have my thoughts in some sort of order.  I've looked back at previous years' goals and I've gotten ideas from people like Sally Clarkson and from Aunt Ruthie's chat about the new year at Sugar Pie Farmhouse.  Most of the goals they were zeroing in on looked a lot like mine, and they broke the categories down a little differently, but it was good to get the refreshment of their advice.

GOALS FOR 2018

Personal growth (I included both spiritual and intellectual growth, as well as character development, in this category): Work on character qualities of unselfishness, kindness, compassion, perseverance, and self-control.  Work at eliminating the time-wasting habit of procrastination.  Read, study, memorize and meditate on God's Word daily.  Continue working on my "What do I know about my God?" Scripture notebook.  Read at least 12 books.  Nurture creativity.

Health (includes physical, mental, and emotional health):  Exercise at least five times per week.  Get enough water, sleep, fresh air, and sunshine.  Cook and eat with health in mind.  Do something creative or craft-related every day.  Journal and write as often as possible.  Continually cultivate the habit of gratitude.  Continually seek to be joyful and to keep my eyes open daily for the little things that make each day special.  Find moments of relaxation with my husband as often as possible.

Marriage/family life (includes homemaking): Plan periodic getaways.  Take the best possible care of my husband and help him in every way possible.  Take advantage of every moment together.  Take time for dates.  Plan fun activities with nearby grandchildren.  Minister to my husband with the gift of a peaceful, orderly home by decluttering the entire house and implementing homemaking routines.  Plan trip to visit faraway family.

Money matters:  Spend less on groceries on a weekly basis.  Prayerfully get an Etsy shop up and running.  Pray about making items to sell at craft fairs or on Etsy.  Consider doing some writing for paying publication.  Prayerfully fulfill my trust responsibilities, seeking God's continual guidance in them.

Relationships outside the home:  Be more of an encouragement to my daughters, friends, and the ladies in my Sunday School class.  Stay in better touch with faraway friends and family.  Make myself available to help and encourage those who are nearby.  Continue blogging as a means of encouraging other ladies.  Work harder at cultivating extended family relationships.

Ministry:  Deepen my prayer life, praying regularly for those with deep needs, praying more faithfully for our pastoral search.  Continue working on and teaching the study A Woman who Reflects the Heart of Jesus.  Continue cleaning the church with my hubby once or twice per month.  Minister to others with hospitality as the opportunities arise.

Have you set goals for 2018 yet?  I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do find it very helpful to consider and set goals for a new year.  You can find further inspiration on this Pinterest board of mine: A new year, a fresh start.  Happy New Year, and happy goal setting!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have covered every area Mrs T!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arlene! I should have; it took me long enough to get them written down! Now to get to work implementing them!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great plan. I loved your health goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! I am inspired by you in many ways, especially in the areas of health and homemaking!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have put those really good categories to good use! 2018 will work well for you with those goals. I don't make resolutions either, but setting some goals is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. Now I pray to be able to follow through in a timely and efficient way.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.