Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday five for January 18


Friday again!  So it's time for another Friday five.  Here goes:

1.  A wonderful evening last Friday with a couple we're informally discipling.  Getting together over a meal and discussing God's Word with believers who are eager to grow ... it just doesn't get much better than that.
Lovely graphic from Baptist Bible Hour
2.  Birthday blessings -- supper at our local daughter's home on Saturday evening, with homemade pizza by Carrie and a pasta salad I brought -- and then Mr. T took me out to our favorite local seafood place for lunch after church on Sunday.  Carrie made a delicious chocolate eclair dessert rather than a birthday cake, as a nod to the eclairs my dad always got for my birthday for many years.  A fun moment of the birthday supper at Jim and Carrie's was when we sat down to eat and Josiah pointed at both his mom and me and chanted, "Two good cooks!  Two good cooks!"

3. A wonderful day in church with great fellowship and encouraging, challenging messages from the book of James.
Gorgeous photo graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
4.  A lovely phone chat with our Nevada daughter on Tuesday afternoon!  It's always a  joy to catch up on the happenings in one another's lives and to share prayer requests and praises.

5.  The opportunity to get out and walk at least four times this week.  The roads were pretty icy and there was often a rather stiff breeze, but we got out there.  Tuesday we were able to achieve a longer loop we've been wanting to try -- at least 3 miles.  It was such a blessing to be out in the sunshine and fresh air.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. So belated birthday wishes are in order?! Happy Birthday🎈
    Josiah sounds like a sweetheart. Be careful out there walking...so icy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my birthday was the 13th. I was thoroughly celebrated and spoiled.

      Josiah is a sweetheart indeed -- one of the sweetest 10-year-olds I know!

      And yes, I am exceeding careful walking. I know that if another serious fall occurs, it's likely to curtail my walking for the foreseeable future. Of course with all that's coming this weekend, we won't be going out there for a few days anyway.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Mrs T!! Sounds like you were thoroughly spoiled. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thanks, Arlene! You are right that I was thoroughly spoiled.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday. Sounds like a good day to me. Glad you are able to get outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! I had a couple of very good days of celebrating.

      Yes, it's a bit of a challenge to get outside, but so worth it for the fresh air, exercise, and occasional sunshine.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that although I don't miss being in the cold and snow, I do enjoy so much the pictures and descriptions you and others send my way at this time of year. I'm glad you were able to get out and walk so many times this past week -- carefully, I'm sure, to avoid those icy patches!!

    "Believers who are eager to grow" -- what a blessing to spend time with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, walking very carefully indeed. There were a few areas of bare tar, which was very nice, but lots of icy patches to try and avoid.

      We are indeed so blessed to have this couple in our lives. We try and get together with them and another young man on Friday nights. We are all working on a Basics for Believers study on our own, then we get together and go over it and answer any questions over a meal. So thankful God led us to do this even though we really had to think creatively how we could make it work with our packed schedule and heavy load of responsibilities. So grateful that God inclined our hearts to go ahead with it. It has been a blessing to us as well as to them.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:58 PM

    Happy belated birthday to you, the 13th is also my brothers special day. Be careful walking in the icy conditions. Have a blessed afternoon. ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.