Friday, November 22, 2019

Friday five for November 22


Let's see, can I squeeze in time for a quick Friday five?  The weekend looks pretty crazy, so I will try to do this now.

1.  I know I'm strange in thinking this, but I'm really enjoying that Thanksgiving is later than usual this year.  It's going to make Christmas decorating a little bit off schedule, I guess, but I must say I have truly enjoyed what has felt like more month to focus on thankfulness and gratitude.
2.  Getting out for a nice long walk yesterday!  A combination of inclement weather and different things going on in both of our lives has kept my friend and I from walking as much as we'd like the past couple weeks.  So good to get out yesterday for almost an hour.

3. Having time to list some items on Etsy --  and the fun of having sold several listings in the past few days.  The vintage Hallmark Treasures booklet below is one of my newer listings.

4.  Doing a little decluttering.  I've been taking some inspiration from Becki, over at Field Lilies, who is doing a "Less is More" decluttering post every day this month.  I haven't done that well, but I am finding myself very inspired just by seeing what she's doing.  This week I cleaned out the kitchen drawer where my kitchen towels, dish cloths and pot holders reside, and I did get rid of quite a few items.  I didn't take photos (though I should have) or count what I got rid of, but many things went straight to the trash and a few others are going to the thrift store.    I'm going to do my candle drawer next!
This one did  not go anywhere,  however.
5.  Time to write and schedule a few December posts in both blogs.  Looking forward to posting in both every day, Lord willing!

Okay, that is it for today.  Lots to do ... company's coming for supper!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Mrs. T! Thank you for the mention. I am so glad that you're taking some inspiration from my efforts to declutter and minimize a bit. In turn, you've inspired me to go back into my kitchen and see what I can pull from there. Getting things ready for guests on Thanksgiving day is a good time to clear some stuff out, I think. And thank you for another post with beautiful pictures, reminding me to be thankful for all God's good gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Becki! I have to do a major declutter in my kitchen cabinets and should tackle that this winter. In fact, I need to declutter the entire house. But I truly have been inspired as I've seen the things you have been able to remove from your house. It all adds up!

      Delete
  2. Since we moved into a smaller house this summer, I am slowly but surely letting go of things, a little here, and a little there, but I still have a long way to go. We didn't have time to eliminate things before moving as the sale went through quicker than we were prepared and we had just three weeks to pack up and move out...So we just packed it up and moved it and now we are trying to get rid of what doesn't fit...So thank you for this encouraging post. I do hope you and yours will have a blessed and very Happy Thanksgiving! I have much to do to prepare for 15 coming here. We will be cozy but happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you will have a blessed Thanksgiving too, Pamela! We will be going to my daughter's and there will be a total of 8 of us. That will be fun. I'm bringing about half of the food, so she doesn't have to do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh Decluttering! I have so much to do before Christmas! Going to my brother's for Thanksgiving but I have to hit the playroom very soon to declutter! - Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs.T, I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.