|Wonderful graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings|
1. Strength and stamina to look after four grandchildren for the weekend! (We spent the days at our house and the nights at their home.) The kids were great and so helpful. One example: At one point after Saturday's breakfast I suggested the dish drainer could use emptying so I could start the breakfast dishes. Instantly the three big kids converged on the kitchen and flew around putting things in their proper places.
2. Lots and lots of furniture moved with the help of 15-year-old grandson Sam. My parents' dressers and a nightstand moved to our home; one of our dressers becoming a storage area for my Etsy items; some antique furniture from our home moved to storage until we can decide how to sell it; other pieces of furniture destined for the dump as soon as a dump run can be scheduled; well, you get the idea. Lots still to do, but lots got done.
3. Coupons to eat out at Subway on Saturday night. Not sure I could have produced a meal that evening after having spent a lot of time cooking for Sunday. Again, the kids are so good and were so appreciative of this treat. Not saying this because they are our grandchildren, but kids like this are a blessing to be around!
3. Acquiring a new-to-us wood stove for the kitchen to replace the ancient one we've used for years. With Sam's help Mr. T got all of the new stove pipe in place and the stove is up and running! It's cozy and looks so nice too.
4. Having longtime friends over for lunch after church on Sunday! Due to circumstances and busyness it was a simple meal -- Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpots, purchased Italian bread, and then Apple Crisp and ice cream for dessert -- but it all worked out and of course the fellowship was the most important thing.
5. An extra hour of sleep on Saturday night! I am not a fan of Standard Time; however, in this case the extra hour of sleep was hugely helpful. The three big kids all woke up in plenty of time to get ready for church and the little one slept on until awakened. And Mr. T and I were so thankful for the additional sleep for ourselves.
6. A beautifully sunny morning Monday for our dear friend's interment at the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery. We had prayed for good weather and for the day to not be cold, so that his widow need not stand out in the cold. When we saw how beautiful it was at that time, we knew we were seeing an answer to prayer. Later, the day clouded in and grew chilly, but we were so thankful for sun and warmth yesterday morning!