Friday, November 01, 2019

November goals


Wow, another month.  This year has simply flown by, it seems to me!  But November is here, and it's time to set some goals for the month:

* Do the Making Your Home a Haven Challenge at Women Living Well
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers
* Continue to help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar
* Drink enough water each day
 * Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog several times per week
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Work on Etsy and trust bookkeeping as necessary
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Look after said daughter's children while she and her hubby have a getaway
* Make and carry out Thanksgiving plans 
* Cook and bake for a Harvest Dinner at church
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate
* Possibly spend a day helping my cousin get started with a similar task at her childhood home
* Have a getaway with my hubby
* Maybe go out for breakfast with friends from Vermont
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR NOVEMBER:  Drink more water/get more sleep/limit sugar
🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁  🍂  🍁 
And here is how October went:
* Do an October Scripture writing challenge -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers -- DONE!
* Continue to help a recently widowed friend with the challenges of life in general -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus -- DONE!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  -- really worked at this, but not done consistently
* Limit sugar -- not done consistently
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
 * Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week -- DONE!
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama) -- not done
* Do something creative each day -- DONE!
* Post in this blog several times per week -- DONE!
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible  -- once was all I could manage, apparently
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- DONE!
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects -- DONE!
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- DONE!
* Work on Etsy and trust bookkeeping as necessary  -- n/a right now
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not as often as I'd like
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time -- DONE!
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate -- DONE!
* Possibly spend a day helping my cousin get started with a similar task at her childhood home -- DONE!
* Have a getaway with my hubby -- DONE!
* Get together with friends visiting from Indiana -- DONE!
* Maybe go out for breakfast with friends from Vermont-- not done
* Attend a couples' retreat at The Wilds of New England -- DONE!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- done most of the time
 
HEALTHY HABITS FOR OCTOBER:  Drink more water/get more sleep/limit sugar

8 comments:

  1. I am doing that challenge too and need to be doing some more of your goals. Maybe first step will be to write down my goals to be more accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Pat! Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. 🍂☺️🍂

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! It was pretty busy, but good!

      Delete
  3. Those are some really great goals, Mrs. T! My eye landed on "write encouraging notes to family and friends". While all your goals are terrific, this one strikes a chord for me. Being more intentional about this is going on my personal goals list, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becki! It has really helped me to pay more attention to writing notes. Sometimes they are emails, but more often they are actual notes written with note card and pen.

      Delete
  4. I should list my goals too… I do make lists of them every Week but not per month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps me to keep track of the bigger picture if I list monthly goals.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.