Thursday, January 23, 2020

A bit of winter decorating


Just popping in with a quick post to show some winter decorating in the dining area.  The hutch has been changed up a bit.
 The very top shelf, nearly out of sight in this photo, has some jadeite teacups with bottle brush trees in them, and a glittery yellow house made by my craft forum friend Les a few years ago.  Below you see a clearer photo of this adorable creation.

The lovely tray above (now on my winter hutch shelf) was a Christmas gift from my daughter.
 This shows a closer look at that shelf.  The green glass sugar and creamer are new, by Pioneer Woman, and were also a gift from my daughter.  She asked for ideas and I was quick to supply them!  I love how these pieces coordinate beautifully with my vintage jadeite.  Little red cardinals were a gift from a friend.
 Glittery houses and icy trees!  Cross stitch in the back is one I did from a kit years ago.  White plastic reindeer are vintage.
This shelf didn't change much at all; I just removed the peppermint sticks and milk bottle, and added a couple of snowmen and a sprig of red berries.
 Above, the winter hutch in its entirety.

Lastly, I changed out the dining table by adding a simple, small handmade table cloth, plaid place mats, and a large glittery house and snowy tree for a centerpiece.

There you have it -- some simple winter decorating.  Do you decorate for winter?

11 comments:

  1. I like each piece you have displayed, I think we must have similar taste. The cardinals, jadeite, and tray are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terra! I'm glad you enjoyed the visit. We must indeed have similar taste!

      Delete
  2. I love your winter scenes. Especially the glittery houses/buildings. They are so special. Did you make them or just collect them? Are they old? I also love your jadeite items and you already know I love that platter/tray that you got for Christmas. I truly did think seriously about buying that for myself, but knew I wasn't supposed to be buying for me before Christmas, and now, of course, they are all gone! Love your vintage deer. I have been looking for some small deer like that (or brown ones) for my Winter scenery. I really don't usually decorate especially for winter. After Christmas I put it all away, except for my Cabin scene. I think I wrote about that recently. I would like to expand that if I can find some deer, etc. in the future. I love the tablecloth you have on the table too. So pretty. Thank you for sharing with us. Here in Florida we are kind of getting into spring mode, but Valentine's day comes first, so I guess I need to decorate for that. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do decorate for winter some. Some winter things are out all year around. I like what you have done. Was just looking at some of PW’s merchandise today...some sweet little spatulas. My sister asked if I needed them and broke the moment. 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! I'm glad that you like what I've done here.

      Your sister broke the moment ... there's one in every crowd, isn't there? Even if it's only a crowd of two!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, Mrs. T. I love the Jadeite dishes and those glittery houses! You mentioned one was made by someone else, but did you make the others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becki! I wish that the glittery houses *had* been made by me, but they are purchased. I got them from Gooseberry Patch years ago back when they had a catalog. A real splurge for me, but I've never regretted it.

      I do want to make some of these little houses one day and have even downloaded patterns. Maybe this is my year ...

      Delete
  5. Your hutch is so very pretty. I really like the glittery houses. My childhood book "Bobbsey Twins Merry Days" and LI Wilders' "The Long Winter" are included
    on my dining table winter centerpiece. Here in SC the weather has been spring (mid 70s) last week and winter again (low 30s) this week...
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hutch and its winter decor. I have always loved Jadite. I had a mug that I drank coffee out of for years, but alas I dropped it one day. It is all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winter tray is so pretty. I find I decorate less and less for the seasons, and I rely on plants and flowers to change things up. The glitter houses are lovely, too, and so suitable for snowy winter (or for evoking snow when there is none).

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your Winter tray, jadite and putz houses!! Heck...I LOVE it all!! So charming!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.