Sunday, July 05, 2020

A prayer on Sunday ~ July 5


Graphic from Baptist Bible Hour
Today I'm sharing a prayer I wrote after studying Psalm 84:11 ~

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly."

Here's my simple prayer:

"Lord,

I praise You that You don't withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly.  In fact, it is only by Your grace and the enablement of Your Spirit that we can walk uprightly.  

I praise You that You are a sun to Your people, providing joy, warmth, energy, light, healing, emotional well-being, and even routine.

And I praise You that You are a shield to Your people as well, providing protection, deliverance, victory, confidence and much more as we fight our spiritual battles.

I praise You that You provide all we need for our pilgrimage through this life.  You have provided far more than I could ever ask or even think!  

How I praise You for Your abundant provision, in Jesus' name, Amen."

If you need a dose of encouragement today, I suggest that you dive deeply into meditating on Psalm 84:11 while considering the points of this prayer.  You are sure to be blessed by this verse!

4 comments:

  1. I will make it a point to read Psalm 84 today. My regular Bible reading for today is in Jeremiah. I am pretty sure Psalms would be comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful prayer and yes, Psalm 84 is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us as it gives us great encouragement and hope. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalms 84 and 91 are balm for the spirit. Wishing you a wonderful week. May it be richly blessed with all that you hold dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went to read Psalms 84 and come back. I really like this idea of writing a prayer from the Scripture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.