Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Hundred Acre Hodgepodge

 


 It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.    Today's questions have a very definite and fun theme.   Here goes!

1. On January 18th we commemorate A.A. Milne's birthday. Milne is the author of the beloved classic Winnie the Pooh. In many ways Pooh represents innocence and simplicity. His optimism reminds us to appreciate the little things. What are three little things you're appreciating in mid-January? 

1. A slightly slower pace.
2.  Time to cross-stitch in the evenings we are home.
3.  The slow but sure lengthening of daylight hours.


2. Piglet teaches us even the smallest of individuals can achieve big things with the proper amount of determination. How do your current responsibilities make you feel? 

I've chosen continue for my word of the year.   My biggest responsibility at this time of my life is just to continue walking with God and to serve Him and others well.  That's a huge responsibility and can only be done as I abide in Him.  And although God is the One doing the work, it takes determination on my part to stay close to Him. 

3. Tigger is known for his enthusiasm and energy, his boundless joy and love of life. What's something you're interested in learning more about in this new year? 

Truly healthy eating; effective exercise for folks in my age bracket.  I'm well on track with eating -- keto bordering on carnivore, and intermittent fasting -- and even though I walk frequently I know I need to build more strength in my upper body and work on balance, etc.  And I'm interested in learning more about many other subjects as well.  


4. Eeyore, while a melancholy character, teaches us the importance of resilience and perseverance. How do you stay motivated and persevere in difficult circumstances?

Looking to God and the promises in His Word.  The Sunday School lesson I'm currently working on is all about Romans 8:28.  We can persevere through difficult circumstances when we understand that God is going to use them for our eventual good and for His glory.

Beautiful graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings

5. What's the last thing you ate that was made with honey? 

I am not sure.  Oh, I remember!  Someone gave us a log of goat cheese with figs and honey as part of a Christmas gift basket.  We took it along last Wednesday when we stayed overnight at our cottage.  We couldn't taste the honey, which is fine with me.  I like honey but not really as an ingredient.  Other than that cheese log, I think the last thing I had with honey was a combination of honey and lemon juice to soothe a cough. 


6. Insert your own random thought here.  

 Snowy day here, with a winter weather advisory and a prediction of 4 to 6 inches.  Sounds like a good day to stay in.  Mr. T and I have some plans for decluttering and cleaning, and I intend to put a hearty soup in the crockpot for supper.  If I can, I'd love to spend an hour cross-stitching in the evening!

 
And there's the Hodgepodge for this week!


9 comments:

  1. I love a cozy snow day. No snow here, just cold temps. I am noticing the longer daylight too and love it. I go to something on Tuesday evenings and it's no longer dark when we pull in at 6 PM. Yay! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prediction of snow sounds similar to ours. Thanks for the reminder of being thankful for the days staying light longer. Nodding my head as I read your answers and things you are pondering. Have a cozy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you answered #2!!
    I also am noticing the wee bit of extra daylight.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do cross stitch, but it is hard on my eyes. I do like to craft. I love the graphics in your post. I agree with you healthy ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your post and your photo of the Winnie the Pooh Seasons of Giving video brought back such wonderful memories of when my daughter was little and we would watch the program (and anything else to do with the Hundred Acre Wood, she definitely had a Winnie phase!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goat cheese with figs and honey sounds delicious!! I, too, need to work on balance. It is the weirdest thing. I can stand on one of my legs and balance perfectly. I cannot do it on the other leg!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell you from experience: IF and Keto def work! I couldn't gain weight if I wanted to when I was on that. I might get back to it but I need to find the right balance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was 32 here and a good day for soup. I made vegetable beef soup in the crock pot and it was very good and tasty with some fresh hot cornbread. I love the thoughts from Winnie the Pooh, etc. I enjoyed your thoughts as you shared each idea. I am not a big honey fan either. I've tried to use it in my hot tea, but just can't seem to be content with it. I do use it when I bake bread. I am noticing balance as being something I need to work on these days as well. We do walk most every day, and that is a good exercise, but I also need to build up my upper body strength after having arm/shoulder issues for so long. Little by little I am getting there, one step at a time. Take care and enjoy the snow and being cozy indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goat cheese with honey is such a yummy treat! One I wouldn't have expected to be fond of, but once I tried it I was hooked. :-) Enjoy the snow days! It has been cold here but not very much snow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.