Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Leaping into the hodgepodge

 


 It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.   After many weeks of neglecting this linkup, I'm attempting to jump back in.  Here goes!

1. February is coming to a close. Give us a two-word phrase that tells us something about how yours went.

Pleasantly fast. 

2. If you had to describe how you're feeling right now as an amusement park ride, what ride are you on? Explain. 

I guess I would say a ferris wheel.   At the moment life goes round and round at a fairly moderate pace.  There's a good view and great perspective from the top.  Sometimes there's an unexpected pause that leaves one hanging, so to speak, but those are infrequent. 

3. What's something on your desk or a nearby wall that cheers you up when you see it or walk past? 

Hmmm ...  maybe this little tag I made years ago.  


Not on a wall, but in a living room corner pictured above.

4.  Are you a salad eater? How many salads do you typically eat in a week? Your favorite kind of salad? 

Definitely a salad eater.  I eat salad pretty much every day. Usually at lunchtime, I will have a salad of nice fresh leaf lettuce with cubes of meat and cheese.  

My favorite salad may be one with berries, feta cheese and nuts in addition to greens, with a fruity dressing, or maybe this one with black olives, tomato wedges,  shredded Parmesan, and quartered artichoke hearts in addition to greens, with a lemony Caesar vinaigrette.

5. Without telling us the category give us your top five ______________. 

Counted cross stitch, embroidery, stamped cross stitch, crochet, sewing.

Progress on my granny square temperature blanket.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Wish you could sniff the air in our house right now.  Mr. T is baking Secret Spice Cookies to take to The Wilds of New England next week to share with volunteers and staff.  They're a favorite of certain folks so he is making them and freezing them to take next week.


And there's the Hodgepodge for this week!


6 comments:

  1. There are some great amusement park rides in today's Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad looks really good! I use to embroider. It is hard on my eyes now. Your granny squares remind me of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My February also went pleasantly fast, which is good because I needed it to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Friend,
    I like how you answered #2!!
    I cannot wait for the garden season, then my salad eating days are 7 days a week. Hee Hee!
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you answered #2. You create some fun things with your hands. What a blessing. Happy Leap Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your answer to #2, though I don't like heights so avoid ferris wheels, it makes perfect sense. your granny square temperature blanket is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.