Friday, August 01, 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday for August 1


Today's theme at Favorite Ingredients Friday is appetizers and snacks. Here's a recipe I've made for years. It's a different and quite inexpensive version of a cheese ball. Hope you all enjoy it!

TUNA CHEESE BALL

1(8-ounce) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
2 tablespoons minced celery
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Crackers
Combine cream cheese, tuna, egg, celery, onion, lemon juice,
mustard, salt and pepper sauce; mix well. Chill this mixture for 2
hours.
Shape chilled mixture into a ball. In a shallow bowl,
combine the pecans and parsley to mix thoroughly. Roll cheese ball in
this mixture to coat well. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until serving
time. Unwrap and serve with assorted crackers.


Yield: 1 cheese ball

This festive-looking cheese ball is a different way to serve
tuna. I’ve been making it for years for family and church
get-togethers.


To see what others have shared for Favorite Ingredients Friday, head on over to Overwhelmed with Joy and check out the links.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm going to add this to my menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is a different way to serve tuna. Im gonna have to try this one. THanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.