Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Girls' apron ~ a fun sewing project


This is an apron I recently finished for Julia, who just turned 5. Unfortunately, it turned out quite a bit too big, but she is wearing it anyway. (The pattern said it should fit ages 4-8 or so.) It should fit her perfectly in a year or two!

A neat thing about this apron is that all of the fabric except the neck/shoulder strap is from my mother's stash. The flower print is from a dress I had as a teen, the tiny pink check (waistband/ties) is from a shirt I had as a toddler, and I think the pink stripe was something she made a dress from for herself. That's another thing that drew me to this pattern -- one can use a mix of fabrics. I like the way this apron turned out with the different fabrics.

Here's the pattern source: Girls' Apron. Even though it turned out too large for petite Julia, I love the pattern and it was extremely easy to make. I will probably be making more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.