Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Monday, August 13, 2012
Goals for week beginning August 12
August continues to fly by, proving the truth of a favorite saying: "Time flies, whether you're having fun or not". Don't get me wrong, much of my week was enjoyable, but it cannot all be categorized as "fun". It was certainly busy. Here are my goals for this week:
* Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study
* Work on Sunday School lesson 12 * Limit sugar * Keep up with crafting goals for UFOs and Christmas, plus maybe a dress for a granddaughter * Exercise 5 to 6 times * Keep up a good water intake * Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night * Post regularly in one or both of my blogs *
Keep up with Kelly's Missions for Zone 3, the bathrooms * Do better at staying in touch with friends and faraway family
* Add 2 pages to prayer journal * Weed garden
* Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do.
And here's how things went last week:
* Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study -- nope.
* Start Sunday School lesson 12 -- did start this, so I can say DONE! to this goal, though I continue to work on it. * Limit sugar -- didn't happen. * Keep up with crafting goals for UFOs and Christmas, plus maybe a dress for a granddaughter -- made great progress on a UFO; nearly done with it. * Exercise 5 to 6 times -- no; managed only 3 times. Still, better than nothing. * Keep up a good water intake -- DONE! * Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- not quite. * Post regularly in one or both of my blogs -- did fairly well with this; well enough to say DONE! *
Keep up with Kelly's Missions for Zone 2, the kitchen -- nope. * Do better at staying in touch with friends and faraway family -- DONE!
* Add 2 pages to prayer journal -- not done.
* Weed garden and move several plants (these would be marigolds getting overrun by squash) -- DONE! -- although weeding is an ongoing process. * Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!
You knew I'd say this, of course, but I surely am hoping for a more productive week (and a more energetic one) this week. Heat and humidity just sap my energy. Today is much nicer. Hot and sunny, yes, but there's a pleasant breeze and things feel much less humid.
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.