Monday, August 06, 2012

Goals for week beginning 8/5/2012


I cannot believe it's August already.  This summer has flown by.  In one way I'm glad time has passed quickly, because we have family coming from far away to visit in September.  But in another way I'm sad that the summer is passing so quickly.  However, having said that, September and October are really my favorite months, so I don't mind the passage of time tooooo much.  Here are my goals for this week:

*  Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study
*  Start Sunday School lesson 12
*  Limit sugar
*  Keep up with crafting goals for UFOs and Christmas, plus maybe a dress for a granddaughter
*  Exercise 5 to 6 times
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post regularly in one or both of my blogs
*  Keep up with Kelly's Missions for Zone 2, the kitchen
*  Do better at staying in touch with friends and faraway family
* Add 2 pages to prayer journal
*  Weed garden and move several plants (these would be marigolds getting overrun by squash)
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do.


And here's how last week went:


*  Spend time in 1 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
*  Limit sugar -- failed miserably at this
*  Keep up with crafting goals for UFOs and Christmas, plus maybe a dress for a granddaughter -- not too badly -- I made great strides on a UFO project.
*  Exercise 5 to 6 times -- DONE!
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- didn't do so well with this
*  Post regularly in one or both of my blogs  -- DONE!
*  Keep up with Kelly's Missions for Zone 5, the living room (for the first part of the week) and then Zone 1, the front porch, entry and dining room -- did okay with this, but not as much as I'd hoped
*  Do better at staying in touch with friends and faraway family  -- DONE!
* Add 2 pages to prayer journal -- not done
*  Weed garden and move 2 plants -- DONE!  (Not that weeding ever really stays done, but I did weed most days and I did move 3 plants.)
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do --  DONE!

So, all in all, things went fairly well.  My week (once today and tomorrow are over) doesn't look too busy, but I may be just kidding myself.  I am hoping for a productive week, however!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, the summer has flown by! Usually it seems endless on account of the heat, but a lot of clouds and rain in July was and unexpected blessing! I'm excited about fall, which is definitely my favorite time of year!

    Enjoyed reading your goals as they've helped me be more mentally motivated, although I have yet to document any. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite time of year too! Sure wish that some fall, you and your family could come up for a visit. It would be so much fun to meet you in person!

    Thanks for the encouragement regarding my goals. I'm not getting far with them, as this week has turned out to be far busier than I anticipated. Oh well, the Lord knows each challenge and exactly what the week will hold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.