Tuesday, May 21, 2013

White Beans with Rigatoni

(Photo from Taste of Home)
I'm always on the lookout for good meatless main dishes, and this one. which I found in my 2005 Annual Light & Tasty Recipes (a book I got free for having a recipe published in it)  is a keeper.  Here's the link: White Beans with Rigatoni.

About the only changes I made were to use brown rice pasta (I used the rotini style, but in retrospect, elbows would have held up better) and to use more chopped kale than the recipe called for.  I think I used about 4 cups rather than 2.  I like to buy the large bags of chopped kale in the produce section.  Frozen chopped spinach would also work well.  I also didn't have any fresh sage, so I used 2 teaspoons of the dried rubbed sage, using the rule of thumb that 1 teaspoon of a dried herb equals 1 tablespoon of a fresh herb.

This dish had a very good flavor and we enjoyed it very much with salad and gluten free cornbread on the side.  If you enjoy a good meatless meal, give this one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.