Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bacon Chive Potato Salad

Photo by Taste of Home
On Saturday evenings, my dad always comes for supper.  We generally serve homemade baked beans, which he loves, and usually some sort of grilled meat, along with salad and so on.  This week I wanted to give this meal more of a festive, Memorial Day type aspect, so tried a couple of new recipes, one for a potato salad and the other a marinade for grilled chicken which was quite different from my usual.  Maybe tomorrow I can get around to posting the marinade recipe. 

For today, I wanted to share this recipe for Bacon Chive Potato Salad. I don't know why exactly, but this recipe seemed much easier than my usual quick, no-real-recipe version.  For one thing, this contains no eggs, so that step of hard-cooking eggs is eliminated.

I had a little bit less bacon bits than the recipe called for; I probably used between 1/4 and 1/3 cup bacon bits.  I have chives growing nicely in my garden (actually getting ready to flower!) and so I easily got the necessary amount of those.  The only other thing I changed was to cut the red potatoes in cubes rather than wedges.  It may not be as pretty, but it seems easier to eat. 

I was very pleased with the flavor of this salad.  The dressing ingredients are so ordinary that I wasn't expecting it to be so flavorful, but that ground mustard really makes a difference.

The salad days of summer are approaching!  Hope your family enjoys this yummy salad as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good, Mrs. T. I am always up for potato salad! Thanks for telling us about the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes even better than it looks, Mrs. Smith! I'm with you, I am always game to try a new potato salad recipe. We enjoy it any time of year, but especially in summer, of course. Hope your family enjoys this one if you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.