Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spring-themed book page banners


I seem to use the terms "banners', "garlands", and "buntings" interchangeably  when referring to these pretty strings of decorative paper crafting.  Not sure which is really correct, but they are so pretty and such fun to make.  There is something very therapeutic, especially for an adult, in playing with paper, glue and scissors.

If you've been visiting my kitchen table for awhile, you know that I made some heart-trimmed book page banners back on Valentine's Day.  You can read about it here: simple Valentine bunting.
One of the Valentine banners

I found the basic directions here: simple book page bunting.

After making the heart-trimmed banners, I had it in mind to make some flowery ones for spring/summer.  Finally I found the time to make them and put them over the dining room windows.
This pretty blue paper came from an envelope containing freebie greeting cards.  I centered the flower on these and did not use buttons on them.

I was so pleased with how they came out that yesterday I made one more to put above the window over the kitchen sink.  This window is smaller so I made the banner shorter.
The fourth banner in progress on my glass topped crafting desk

 Now I have all sorts of ideas running through my head: patriotic banners, autumn leaf banners, and so on.  If I actually end up designing/making some, I will post about it!

2 comments:

  1. Love your banners Mrs T....Kendall and I hope to make some this summer. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fun project for you and Kendall to work on together! I'm glad you've been inspired. Such a simple project but I had so much fun with it and I'm sure you and Kendall will as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.