Sunday, March 22, 2015

January and February 1953


Rather than wait until next January and February to show the pretty vintage calendar pages from the 1953 January Woman's Day magazine, I decided to go ahead and post them now.  It's interesting to see the Scripture verses that were chosen, and the illustrations are beautiful.  I need to learn more about the artist.

Above is January, of course, and here is the page for February:
You can see that the homeowner here has been spending his February days in a still snowy yard readying his firewood supply for the coming year.  Just what my hubby is currently doing!
Hope you have enjoyed this look at a vintage pocket calendar!  As one of my readers noted, it's really neat that the dates for the days are exactly the same for 2015 as they were in 1953!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.