Monday, April 03, 2017

April goals


This delightful graphic is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
 April 3 already!  Time to set some goals for the month:
* Continue an informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Order books for our next Sunday School study 
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones
* Accomplish some paperwork on my dad's behalf
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Continue weekly visits to my dad at the nursing home
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Continue planning a trip to see loved ones in Nevada
* Update and print summer devotional books for our church's kids' ministry
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search

APRIL'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2017: STEWARDSHIP

And here is how March went:
* Continue an informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time -- DONE!  (for the month, that is; I am still working on this study)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Order books for our next Sunday School study -- not done
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- not done, although I did do some walking
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- done probably 2/3 of the time
* Limit sugar and red meat -- did great limiting red meat; poorly with sugar
* Drink enough water each day -- not done
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly -- not done
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible -- not done; think I average 2-3 posts a week
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and begin crafting any handmade ones  -- partially done
* Accomplish some paperwork on my dad's behalf -- DONE!  (but now there is more!)
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves -- not done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done, though I have added a few items
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not done consistently
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Continue weekly visits to my dad at the nursing home -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house -- not done, but progress, good progress, has been made
* Finalize plans for a getaway with my hubby -- DONE!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- DONE!
* Begin planning a trip to see loved ones in Nevada -- we've begun planning, but only a beginning

MARCH'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully  -- not done as consistently as I'd like!

 Needless to say, I am hoping for a more productive month in April!

4 comments:

  1. I have really fallen behind in several areas Mrs T. I need to re focus and be disciplined. I have almost walked all my steps today. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Arlene, walking almost all of your steps today! It's so good to know that when we fall behind, the Lord will help us get back on track and move forward again. I shoveled some snow and have avoided sugar successfully today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather should improve in April and make walking a lot easier. I peeked in the cemetery just the other day and noted that it'll be awhile longer before I can walk there again. Easter makes staying away from candy a little rough. Some of my favorite things that are only around at Eastertime...Cadbury eggs, jelly beans, ok, this is not being very nice of me! 🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how it would be in the cemetery, Vee. Even after the snow melts things are apt to be spongy for awhile. Hope I can get back to walking with my friend in the mornings soon. But with this yucky wet snow and rain still falling, who knows? (Monday was beautiful, though!)

      Cadbury eggs are good but I can resist them. Jelly beans are no problem for me. But Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs ... now those are dangerous, so we probably just won't have any in the house!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.