Saturday, September 01, 2018

September goals


A new month, and time for some new goals!  Here are my goals for September:

* Continue with my Bible study of Colossians
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Walk and/or exercise each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week.
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog at least twice weekly if possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Fine-tune our vacation plans
* Attend a ladies' retreat
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

SEPTEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/get enough sleep
WORD FOR 2018: Settled
🍂     🍁     🌻     🍂     🍁     🌻     🍂     🍁     🌻     🍂     🍁    
And here's how August went:

* Continue with my Bible study of Colossians -- done!  (as in, I'm continuing to work on it)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- done!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- done!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
-- done!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  -- not done consistently 
* Limit sugar and red meat -- doing okay with this
* Drink enough water each day -- doing okay with this, but it's still not enough
* Walk and/or exercise each day -- not done
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week -- doing okay with this
* Do something creative each day -- done!
* Post in this blog at least twice weekly if possible --  managed 9 times in August
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- done!
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- done!
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- done!
* Send lengthy email to a friend -- not done
* Call faraway friends to chat -- not done
* Learn more about cultured foods and begin making more of them -- not done
* Declutter and reorganize my closet -- not done
* Declutter and revamp computer room -- not done
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- done!
* Go out to breakfast with friends visiting from Wisconsin -- done!
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church -- done!
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time -- done!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate -- working on this consistently, but it's not done
* Possibly plan an overnight with my hubby -- done!
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- done!

AUGUST'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2018: Settled

3 comments:

  1. Mrs T, what wonderful goals. A Ladies Retreat! It's been a few years since I've gone on one but I've always been blessed by attending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on August goals and good luck with your September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning closets is highly overrated...just saying! And did you see what Abby said to me?! Ha!

    You are doing a great job with your goals. You deserve a silver star! Maybe even gold. 🌠

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.