Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Wednesday Medley for November 28


Time for the Wednesday Medley hosted by Terri at Your Friend from Florida!   Terri asks the questions and bloggers come up with their own answers.

 Wouldn't you like to join in also?  Just head over to Terri's blog, get the questions, then copy, paste, and answer them on your own blog.  Then you can go back to Terri's and link up!

Here are this week's questions:
 
1.  On November 28th, 1995, President Bill Clinton ended the 55 MPH nationwide speed limit that began in 1974 as an energy saving measure during the Mid-East oil embargo.  If you are old enough to remember this (I sure am) did it make you happy?  Do you have a heavy foot when driving or does 55 MPH sound good to you?
 
Currently the speed limit on the interstate here in NH is 70 mph.  That's just a little faster than I like to go.  I do not have a heavy foot, but  I do remember being relieved when the 55 mph limit was ended.  It shortened the 2-hour trip to our kids' boarding school by a few minutes.
What Christmas tree cutting looks like out west
2.  You are home alone on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon.  What Christmas movie will you watch?
 
Probably It's a Wonderful Life, or possibly White Christmas.

3.  What is something you have tried that you will never try again?
 
A recipe for tofu stir-fry ... the worst fail of my cooking life, and one that my family has never let me forget.  But kitchen gifts, like those below, are always well received.

4.  Today is National French Toast Day!!  Will you have some?  Do you like French Toast?

No, I don't have enough eggs in the fridge to make French Toast.  Otherwise, I might consider it.  (I'm writing this on Tuesday, and it's been that kind of a day.)  I do like French toast, but seldom make it at home.  One of my favorite places to order French toast for breakfast is a place called Happy Corner Cafe.  They have a huge variety, including French toast made with banana bread!  Scrumptious!

5.  The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center will be lighted today, as will the one at the White House in Washington, D.C.  Do you have your tree up and is it lighted?  Have you ever been in New York City or Washington, D.C. to see the trees all lit up during the holidays?

Our tree is not up, but hopefully it will be before too long.  No, I have never been in NYC or DC to see the trees all lit up during the holidays.  I have been in a couple different cities at Christmas time (Boston and Denver) and they are pretty, but I much prefer a country Christmas!

Below you see one of my favorite childhood Christmas books:
 
6.  Tell us something random about this week of yours.
 
The weather (sigh).  Three or four snowstorms already and we are still in November!  Monday night the heavy wet snow brought down lots of trees and limbs.  Our power went out just after 10 pm and did not come back until 3 pm Tuesday afternoon.  What an unproductive day I had!

And there you have this week's Wednesday Medley!  Have a great rest of the week, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. That French Toast sounds divine!
    I have a friend who lives in NH; she sent a picture of the snow yesterday. It was so pretty, but I think I could do without the power being out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad weather days are a challenge when so much needs doing. I have to be very intentional and look for God in the interruption (as Gloria Gaither says). Banana bread French toast? *Swoon* I’d like to try that one day. Tofu anything would be a nightmare for me. 😖 May The Lord redeem the time for you, Mrs. T! Sparkle on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day without power is hard. We don't realize just how wonderful it is until you are without in hot or cold.
    I am with you about 55. I am a putter, but 55 on the interstates is just hard to go that slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DIL makes French Toast with cinnamon/raisin bread and it is delicious. It looks like everyone is having an early winter. Even here in the south we only had a few days of our normal fall before freezing temps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My niece lives in NH and has been posting beautiful snow pictures! Living in the south snow doesn't come our way very often and when it does it usually melts the next day. Enjoyed reading your answers, hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the rest of your days this year will be full of power. It's so weird adjusting to hours without electricity! I enjoyed your lovely medley post. My google comment won't send you to my medley but the link up at Terri's will. :) Happy Wednesday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love French Toast and the one you mentioned sounds interesting. Hope that is the first and only time your electric will be out this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy French Toast too. My hubby makes the best. :-)
    Goodness about your storms.. we are in a cold snap. 8 degrees and it is still November, those are more like January temps for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snow storms are crazy! They are calling for snow here in Missouri next week again and we haven't even had much yet. Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! Power outages up there where it is SO cold!! I hope you had a way to stay warm!! Thanks so much for joining in today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The banana bread French toast sounds AMAZING! I really must try that sometime. No snow here yet but VERY cold! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Banana bread French toast??? Oh, I think I need to find some of that to try. White Christmas is one of my favorites. I always say it's not officially Christmas until Bing sings. :) It has been a cold, wet (rain and snow) November here, too. I am already over winter. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry about the snowstorms and power outage. When a hurricane or tropical storm presents itself, we have outages, sometimes for hours or even days. Awful.
    I was thrilled to see your picture of that Chistmas book. Right now my copy is sitting under my tree...60 years of sweet,sweet childhood memories...I've never been to NYC, but this book laid foundations for dreams!


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.