Friday, November 23, 2018

Friday five for November 23


(The above graphic is another wonderful freebie from Baptist Bible Hour.)

 Yes, somehow it's Friday again -- even though, after having yesterday off for Thanksgiving,  today feels like Monday to me!  Time for Friday five for this week!

1.  A wonderful praise and Thanksgiving service on Wednesday evening at church.  Our numbers may be small, but along with college students and visitors we were blessed with great music and meaningful testimonies.  To God be the glory!  We also enjoyed a fantastic harvest dinner together as a church last Sunday.  When you are a small church, without a pastor, and with some folks away for the holiday, it can be very tempting to just skip special occasions like this.  But we persevered and are so thankful that we did.

2.  A lovely Thanksgiving dinner with our daughter and family.  Carrie and I cleaned up the kitchen and chatted while the men and kids enjoyed a relaxing time playing games.  Afterward we all enjoyed pie -- four kinds! -- and several episodes of I Love Lucy.   I neglected to take photos so I borrowed this from Carrie's Instagram.

3.  My wonderful husband, who so willingly helped with kitchen prep as I put together the dishes I was bringing to Thanksgiving dinner.  He tried a recipe for Jellied Cranberry Sauce -- and oh, my,  did that ever turn out well.  He got rave reviews from the kids!
Photo from Chowhound
4. Breakfast out last Saturday with good friends.  We love going out to breakfast -- and if we can enjoy sweet Christian fellowship at the same time, it is even nicer!

5.  Getting out for a walk even on some chilly days this past week.  I have noticed that I have so much more energy and get so much more accomplished on days when I walk.  It's going to be challenging this winter, but we plan to go out whenever possible.
Winterberries -- photo taken on our walking route last November
And there's my Friday five for this Thanksgiving week!


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice stash of winterberries. My source for winterberries and fir tips was sold. 😊 My sister-in-law is offering me her 11 acres. I know she has fir tips and I am hoping there are winterberries somewhere.

    Sounds and looks like a wonderful and truly blessed Thanksgiving. I just got out of the dishpan. 😳 My sister did lots of dishes after dinner, but oh the dishes created with a big dinner like Thanksgiving.

    Always good to read through a gratitude list because it reminds me of so many things. Glad that your church family gathered as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos shared here! Your Thanksgiving table looks great! We had cider in the fridge and I didn't think to offer it to our guests! What a great idea! Happy Friday!! Loved your five!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.