Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday Scripture

 

 Here's more from my study of 2 Corinthians with Good Morning Girls.  As mentioned previously, I use the SOAP method of Bible study , and their study guide uses a similar method.  For 2 Corinthians chapter 5, the verse studied is verse 17.  The entire chapter is great, of course, but it's verse 17 that stands out as the centerpiece, or the key, if you will.  

S=  "Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away: behold, all things are become new."  (2 Corinthians 5:17)

O=  Looking back to verse 15, it points out that Jesus died for all.  So, if any person trusts Him as Savior, that person is a new creation in Him.  The old things in our lives pass from us, and all things become new in our lives.  Then, those who trust Christ are no longer to live unto themselves, but unto Jesus, who died for them.

A= I'm so thankful to be a new creation in Christ!  What a blessing that old things are passed away, to remembered no more by the Lord!  But these stupendous facts are not to simply elicit a passive response on my part, just a placid acceptance and enjoyment of my new life.  I am no longer to live life for myself, but instead I am to live for Jesus, who loved me and gave Himself for me -- to live for Him who died for me and rose again from the dead!

P= "Lord, I thank and praise You for loving me so much that You sent Your only Son to die for me.  I am so thankful that my old ways of life are passed away  -- that I'm not the sad, unhappy, sin-drenched person that I once was.  I'm incredibly thankful and grateful for the new life that I have in Christ.  I pray that You will help me to live every moment of my remaining years as unto You and for Your glory.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.