Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Just had to share these photos

 ... even though I don't have time to put together a proper post.  I did put  a couple of them on Instagram, but wanted to quickly share them here as well.

The handsome barred owl above flew into a tree so close to our little cottage on Sunday afternoon.  We had left the camera in the car, but Mr. T sneaked out and got it and managed to get several photos and a video.  Simply amazing!
Meanwhile, deeper into the woods, we found several beautiful patches of Indian Pipes. 
These pretty pink-red mushrooms were out there too, as well as the little cream color ones below.  The variety of fungi we are seeing must be due to our extremely wet weather.  It is interesting to observe.

Hope you've enjoyed this peek at what's going on in our woods this week!

5 comments:

  1. Nice pics! The owl is watching closely. I have not seen ghost flowers or Indian pipes in long years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Barred Owl, my favorite...I've written several posts about them. And I don't think I've ever seen the Indian pipes in the woods before! I love the nature photos and that you are enjoying time at your cottage! What a blessing and inspiration! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture of that owl. It looks HUGE! And you've introduced me to a couple of fungi I've never seen or heard of. How nice to have a place of your own where you can explore nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl is truly amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful - lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.