Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday Scripture

 

In last week's Sunday Scripture post (which ended my study of 2 Corinthians) I wondered if readers would like for me to continue this type of post.  Becki replied with the thoughtful comment, "I think writing this kind of post should happen whenever, and however often it suits you, Mrs. T. They will touch the right reader when they're posted."

I really appreciated this comment, and so I'm going to post each Sunday from a simple study of Psalms that I worked on last summer.  It was a good one to be working on in 2020 -- and some of it was done while we were on vacation at places like Grand Canyon and Zion National Park.  So awe-inspiring and such great reminders of just how amazing God is!

This Psalms study is another from Good Morning Girls.  These are simple studies but I got so much from them.  I like to use the SOAP method of Bible study, and the study guide from GMG uses a very similar method.  I find it a real blessing whether I am studying shorter passages or longer ones.  

So without further ado I am going to share my little study from Psalm 111.  Verse 10 was the one suggested to SOAP, but I looked at portions from verses 4 and 7-8 in addition to verse 10.

S= "The LORD ... hath made His wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion ... The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His commandments are sure.  They stand fast forever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness...
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: A good understanding have all they that do His commandments: His praise endureth forever." (Psalm 111:4, 7-8, 10)

O= This psalm is filled with praise and reverence for God and all of His wonderful works which He has made to be remembered:

🌿 He is gracious and full of compassion
🌿 The works of His hands are truth and judgment
🌿 All of His commandments are sure
🌿 All of His commandments stand fast forever
🌿 All His commandments are done in truth and uprightness.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and all those who do His commandments have a good understanding.

A= How can we help but stand in awe of this omnipotent, omniscient Creator and all of His wonderful works?  Our awareness of God should lead to our putting into practice obedience to His Word, and to our praising Him forever.  It is an incredible blessing to remember God's graciousness and compassion and how He has shown these qualities to us personally.  Knowing that His commandments stand fast forever in such a comfort!

P=  "Oh Lord, what a great God you are!  Like David, I praise You with my whole heart.  I remember Your wonderful works in creation and also in my own life.  I pray that You will give me the wisdom and understanding to balance my life and to live it in a way that pleases and glorifies You.  I praise You in Jesus' name, Amen".

And there is my simple study for Psalm 111.  I hope it's a blessing to someone today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.