Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mushroom Crab Melts

Last Saturday night I tried this recipe, and we enjoyed these fabulous melts along with canned vegetable soup. The original recipe came from QUICK COOKING, but I made a good number of changes, so will share it here as I prepared it.


MUSHROOM CRAB MELTS

8 ounces sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 to 2 Tblsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tblsp. real bacon bits ( I use Hormel)
1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s Light)
6 wheat English muffins, split
Paprika
Cayenne pepper

In a skillet, saute´the mushrooms and onion in the olive oil until tender. Stir in the imitation crab, cheeses, bacon bits and mayonnaise. (You may find the lesser amount of mayonnaise to be enough to hold the mixture together well.)

Arrange the English muffin halves on a foil-lined baking sheet; spread the mushroom mixture evenly over each muffin half. Sprinkle the muffin halves with a dash each of paprika and cayenne. Bake at 400ยบ for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.