Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spinach Feta Frittata


I made this delicious dish on Monday night for supper. We loved it. Mr. T suggested making this a regular! I served it with salad and ciabatta rolls (Wal*Mart bakery) so it is a very easy meal as well as being tasty. I adapted the recipe from one in Simple & Delicious magazine.

SPINACH FETA FRITTATA

6 eggs
1 Tblsp. water
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 to 2 Tblsp. olive oil
2 medium red potatoes, diced in 1/4-inch cubes
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used the reduced fat type)
2 tsp. dried basil (recipe called for 2 T. fresh, which would be better, but I used what I had)

In a bowl, beat together the eggs, water, pepper and salt; set aside.

In a 10-inch skillet, saute´the onion and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes; cook and stir until almost tender, about 10 minutes. (I simply covered them and cooked for about the same amount of time, stirring twice during that time.) Reduce heat; sprinkle with spinach, cheese and basil.

Pour egg mixture over the potato mixture in the pan. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until eggs are set. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges to serve.

Yield: 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.