Friday, May 22, 2009

Show & Tell Friday for May 22


I am rather late getting a show & tell post up, but wanted to show some of my small collection of vintage linens. I acquired most of these at yard sales and the like, so I have no idea who the needleworkers were. I do apologize in advance for the creases in many of the items. I didn't have time to press them, since they were only going right back in the linen closet.

This red & white doily is right at home in my strawberry-themed kitchen.

So is this flowery red doily.

This is a crochet-covered hot mat. I have two of these, just alike. The crocheted piece is elasticized so that it can be removed for washing.

This linen dish towel is a favorite of mine. I like the touches of blue in the strawberry print. I am fortunate enough to have three of these.

This dainty tea towel is one of two, just alike, that I bought at a wonderful shop in Lamoille, Nevada.

This dish towel is one I found at a yard sale. I love the print of peaches.

This is actually a curtain valance, I think. I like the print of dots and yellow apples, so I use it as a runner sometimes. I think this was my mother's.

This mammy-themed dish towel came from my grandmother. I have two of them.

This cross-stitched table cloth is small, but isn't it beautiful?

Here is a detail of the corner.

My great-aunt gave me these pillowcases, embroidered many years ago. She made me promise to use them, so I did.

A closer look at the exquisite white on white embroidery.

I love this colorful colonial lady. Notice the hand-crocheted pink edging.

And that is my simple Show & Tell for today. To see what others have shared for Show & Tell Friday, head on over to There is No Place Like Home.

Happy Show & Tell Friday!


6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty collection of linens! I especially love the strawberries, lemons and pretty lady!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelli! And thanks for stopping by! I so miss you and the others on the forum. Thanks for all of the hard work you put into it.

    Stop by my kitchen table anytime. I am making an effort to post more often now that my big writing project is done.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The cross stitched table cloth is beautiful. So much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Briana!

    I forgot to mention that there are four napkins that match that tablecloth. So pretty. A lot of detail, as you said, and a lot of work too. My mother had these stashed in her linen closet for many years, but I think they came from an auction somewhere, not from anyone she knew.

    Stop in and visit anytime!
    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those linens are more special than the ones you buy aren't they? They make it look homey in your kitchen. I love the red flower doily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Sandra. Items like this do make a kitchen so much more homey and personal than the sorts of things one can buy at stores.

    Thanks for stopping by to see these treasures! Stop in anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.