Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Trusting Jesus, that is all


This morning I woke up at around 4:45 with the words of this hymn going through my mind. What a wonderful way to wake up. These words summarize just what my husband and I are doing these days.

Trusting Jesus

1. Simply trusting every day,
Trusting through a stormy way;
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

2. Brightly does His Spirit shine
Into this poor heart of mine.
While He leads I cannot fall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

3. Singing if my way is clear,
Praying if the path be drear;
If in danger, for Him call;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

4. Trusting Him while life shall last,
Trusting Him till earth be past;
Till within the jasper wall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Chorus:
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by;
Trusting Him whate'er befall;
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Lyrics: Edgar Page Stites, 1876
Music: Ira David Sankey, 1876
Words and music for this hymn are in the public domain.


I hope the words of this precious old hymn will be a blessing and an encouragement to someone else today!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it seems so hard to just trust in him, when the waves are dashing against you. But his eyes see all we are going through and I know he IS there. Good post. I needed it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. T.

    This is such an uplifting hymn. It is amazing how truly simply it really is...trusting Jesus, that is all!

    blessings,

    lady m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, lady m and Sandra, for stopping by and leaving your thoughtful comments. I am so thankful that God will bring Scriptures and words of hymns to mind, just when we need them.

    Stop in anytime... I love company at my kitchen table.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.